The City of Sosnowiec has the status of both a commune and a district. The City performs the tasks of a commune and a district, and tasks assigned within the scope of governmental administration.
The City Hall’s main tasks of are:
- land management and environmental protection,
- local public transport,
- health promotion and care,
- public education,
- culture and culture heritage protection;
- physical culture, including recreational areas and sports facilities,
- pro-family policy,
- real estate management,
- water and waste management ,
- public order and safety of citizens,
- promotion of the district,
- co-operation with NGOs.
Sosnowiec (area: 91,2 km2, population: 210.000)
Location: southern Poland, Upper Silesia Region.
The Mayor: Arkadiusz Chęciński
Partner towns: Komarom – HU, Suceava – RO, Les Mureaux, Roubaix – FR, Idar-Oberstein – DE, Casablanca – MA, Dergachi – UA